Okay, everyone in my house absolutely LOVES these muffins! I think they are my all time favorite. I really like the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, but I think these might have won out!
- 2 cups flour (I do half wheat and half white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, I used mini’s!)
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Spray muffin pans and fill about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-22 minutes, depending on your oven. Use a wooden toothpick in center, muffins are done if they come out clean. Note: I used silicon muffin pans and it took a bit longer, but they turned out better than the metal ones!
- Makes about 18-24 muffins.