This is our absolute favorite meal, my husband loves the taste and the way the house smells when I cook it… well, it’s mouthwatering. I love all the extra easy meals I can make out of it. I can usually get 2-3 more meals out of it for our family of four.
My favorite meals to turn the beef into are:
My family likes the classic sides like wheat rolls, mashed potatoes, and green peas. When I find bags of potatoes on sale, I will have a Kitchen Prep Day and pull together some freezer mashed potatoes. I frequently find frozen veggies on sale, so this cuts way down on our overall meal costs.
** You can use any root vegetables you have like; turnip, parsnip, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, mushrooms or celery root. I just throw in what I have on hand. Also, in the picture, I ran out of onions, so I had to put them in after my grocery run, which was only 2 hours before we ate. It still turned out great!
- 1 – 3-5 lb beef roast
- 2-3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2-3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Dump beef and veggies into pot.
- Out of the tap, get the water warm and mix w/ soup mix.
- Pour over beef and all in crockpot.
- Sprinkle w/ salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
More Slow Cooker Meals:
- Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs with Jamaican Rice and Beans
- Homemade Yogurt
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- All Slow Cooker Recipes here
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.