I love this pasta salad, because anything can go into it. It takes dressing that is usually free and you can add whatever you like to it. This time of year I love cold pasta salads, I guess you can tell that since my last two posts were cold pasta salad!
Here is my version with some ideas to change it around. I do an “antipasta version” that I like because I usually have these things on hand.
Anything Pasta Salad
- 1 box pasta (shaped is best like: corkscrew, bowtie, penne, rigatoni – have fun!)
- 1/2 bottle Italian dressing (or use balsamic, honey dijon, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 can of beans (I like cannelini or chickpeas)
- veggies (I used roasted red peppers, garden tomatoes, green onions)
** other ideas: squash, cucumber, green beans (blanched), spinach, sundried tomatoes, anything!)
- 1 block cubed cheese (my favorite is monterey jack, but feta, mozzarella or cheddar would be great too!)
- cubed meat (pepperoni slices, salami, turkey, ham)
Cook pasta, rinse under cool water and toss all ingredients together!