There are so many ways to use this fresh strawberry sauce recipe. It is perfect as an ice cream topping. Or try it over pancakes or waffles. You can mix this fresh strawberry sauce into plain yogurt to make your own fresh strawberry yogurt. And how about drizzling it over a piece of pound cake?
::Check out these 5 fresh strawberry recipes!
This fresh strawberry sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks. If you have any leftovers, use them in this recipe for fresh strawberry juice.
- 4 cups strawberries, pureed
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar (or turbinado) Use less sugar if the strawberries are very ripe.
- Clean, de-stem, and puree strawberries in a blender.
- Place strawberries into a stock pot with sugar.
- Stir and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once it reaches a rolling boiling (it will be a little foamy on top), then reduce to low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sauce will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
If you love fresh strawberries as much as I do, you might want to try these recipes:
- Fresh Strawberry Filling Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe (Coming soon!)