- Whole Wheat Pitas
- Salad mix
- Tomatoes, diced
- Red and green peppers, diced
- Red onion
- Cucumber, diced or sliced
- Feta cheese (frozen from large Costco block)
- Kalamata olives
- Diced grilled chicken (Perdue shortcuts on clearance, pulled from freezer)
- Greek Dressing (Try my homemade Greek Dressing HERE)
- Toss all ingredients (minus pita) in a small bowl to lightly coat with dressing.
- Cut pita in half and microwave just until warm and pliable – about 10 seconds.
- Open and stuff with salad mix.
This recipe for a Greek Chicken Pita has gotten lots of attention from my readers. If you’re looking for a chicken pita recipe, then I hope you’ll like mine with its Greek-inspired flavors. There are so many variations on how to make these, so feel free to incorporate your own preferences when it comes to seasonings and vegetable add-ins. The good thing about piling healthy vegetable toppings on a chicken pita? Calories are not wasted, and you have a meal that is great for your family because it is packed with nutrients.
I tend to go heavy on the toppings, and indulge in a lighter, vinaigrette-style dressing (recipe link below) that offers a fresh, light taste that really highlights all the flavors, rather than being so heavy that it smothers them.
That’s it. Pretty easy, huh?
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
I want you to try my Greek Vinaigrette Dressing, to go with this recipe. It’s great on the salad mix, and you might even want to use some for marinating the chicken while you are grilling it.
Also, I never serve this without my Homemade Hummus Recipe. I spread it on the grilled chicken pita just like you would mustard or mayo, then I add in the salad.
What do you put in your Greek-inspired dishes? What are your favorites? Leave a comment with your favorite recipes and ideas below.