- 1 cup quinoa
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Amino Acid (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, toast quinoa until it starts to "pop." Stir constantly (so it doesn't burn) for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, cranberries, almonds, and celery.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onions and dressing.
- Combine all ingredients into a glass jar and shake until well mixed. Refrigerate unused portion for one week.
Looking for a great quinoa salad recipe? Quinoa (pronounced “keen-wa”) is one of my new favorite super foods! I get a huge bulk bag at Costco. My favorite thing about quinoa is that you can make it taste like whatever you are putting in it. Some of my new favorite ingredients combine salty, vinegar, sesame, and garlic, which make for a wonderful tangy taste for this quinoa recipe…hence “Tangy Quinoa.”
The “dressing” I make to go over this is actually my favorite part–I could drink it! (In fact, I did when I was testing the measurements!) It would go great on a kale or collard green salad too. The acidity in the dressing will work great to break down the greens.
In my opinion, this quinoa recipe tastes better the next day, and I think it’s best served cold.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.