Roasted Vegetables and Sausage just might be my all-time favorite dish. Thanks Mandi for addicting me!! This is going on my weekly rotation, at least until my family gets sick of it. My nine year old fought me for the leftovers on the pan if that tells you anything.
This is so incredibly simple, it is great to just pop in the oven and let it cook for 40 or so minutes. Here is my rendition of Roasted Vegetables and Sausage.
- 1 package chicken or turkey sausage, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, quartered
- 2-3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and chop vegetables and meat.
- Place vegetables on lined baking sheet, drizzle with oil and spices and toss to coat.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and add sausage on top.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or until vegetables and sausage are cooked through.
- Serve by it self or alongside a large fresh salad.