Depending on your audience, will determine what you call this. But, it is full of dense nutrients and it tastes great, plus it is perfect for these hot summer days! My kids love it and ask for more. Be careful not to put too much lime or mint. I overdid both and it made this way too bitter. I would err on the side of less than more. However, you can stuff it full of spinach, see how much I added?
adapted from VitaMix
- 2 large handfuls of spinach (about 4 cups)
- 1 banana
- 1 mint leaf
- 1/4 can White Grape Juice Concentrate, frozen
- 1/8 (or less) lime (with skin)
- 4 cups ice
- 1/4 cup water (add for smoothie)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender. Serve immediately or store in the freezer to eat later.
To blend ingredients, I like to use a high powered blender, like a Vitamix.