If you’re looking for a cheese ball recipe, this Chicken Cheese Ball is the perfect make-ahead appetizer. In fact, it’s really better when you make it ahead. Plus, everyone, and I mean everyone, likes this.
You’ll find this Chicken Cheese Ball recipe is not only super easy, but it’s tasty, with that sweet-spicy combination of flavors going on that makes it irresistible. I serve this with a variety of crackers during that time in-between brunch and dinner on Christmas day. It’s a hearty appetizer that will hold people over to the main meal.
This appetizer is inexpensive to make, as well. You can find all the ingredients on sale this time of year, with especially great buys on cream cheese.
TIP: Remember to save your drained pineapple juice to use in smoothies. Don’t let anything go to waste!
- Two 10 oz. cans chicken (white meat)
- One bar of cream cheese, softened
- 6 - 8 dashes of hot sauce (I prefer Frank's RedHot Sauce.)
- One small can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 - 4 chopped green onions (use only the green part)
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- Mix everything together except for the pecans.
- Chill for about an hour.
- Once it is chilled, it will be easier to shape it into a ball.
- Put crushed pecans on a flat dish, then roll the Chicken Cheese ball through the nuts until it is completely covered. (Press nuts in slightly as you roll.)
- Return to fridge to chill until serving.
- Accompany the Chicken Cheese Ball with your choice of cracker.
More appetizers to try:
See all my Recipes for Appetizers on Faithful Provisions.
Find more recipes for your Holiday Meal Planning on Faithful Provisions.
Recipe developed by Kelly Hancock ©2010 Faithful Provisions. For personal use only. May not be reproduced, reprinted or distributed for capital gain without prior permission from Kelly Hancock.