I have to say I don’t think I had ever had a recipe for sweet potato pie until last year at my friend Robyn’s. Now that I’ve tried hers, I don’t think I can go back to pumpkin ever again (well, maybe…).
*Scroll down to use print recipe feature and add to your Recipe Box.
I knew you would want to try it to, so Robyn has allowed me to share it. I changed a few things to fit our taste, but it is amazing. I just got back from Aldi and sweet potatoes are only $.75 for a 3 lb bag! This perfect for whenever you see a big sale on sweet potatoes. This pie freezes really well and tastes wonderful room temp or warm.
- 3 sweet potatoes, boiled or steamed until soft
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Dash of salt
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add butter and salt.
- Mix with a blender until mashed completely.
- Add sugar, orange juice, pumpkin spice, and eggs.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Pour into two pie shells and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Love sweet potatoes? Then you might like these recipes too!