I love anything sweet potatoes, so these Sweet Potato Fritters are just another way for me to enjoy them. This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare and you will find you already have most of these ingredients on hand. To make dinner clean up easy, I pre-made these and just reheated them at dinner. Next time I will double the recipe and freeze half of the batch.
My toddler absolutely loved these and they are great way to get lots of dense nutrients in because you can add things like flax meal, hemp seeds and more to load it up.
When I eat my sweet potato fries, I like to dip them in a mayo Sriracha sauce, it’s addictive. It is the perfect for these fritters. To make Sriracha Mayo, just take about 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite mayonnaise and enough Sriracha to make it a salmon color, which is about 1 tablespoon for me.
- 5 cups shredded sweet potato (about 1 large potato)
- 1 cup scallions, chopped (about 2 bunches)
- ½ cup flour (I used quinoa, but you can use any flour on hand)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons oil (olive or coconut is best)
- Heat a cast iron skillet on low.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potato, green onions, eggs, flour and spices.
- Drop about a tablespoon of the mixture onto skillet and mash with a fork. Cook until crispy and turn.
- Place on a napkin to soak any extra grease.
- Serve with Mayo Sriracha.
Love sweet potatoes? Then you might like these recipes too!